Unlike other educational organisations, Addysg Oedolion Cymru | Adult Learning Wales brings learning to your local community, teaches the classes you ask for and urges learners and communities to take control of their learning by setting up Branches or Learner Forums.
Wherever you are in Wales you are never far from one of our Branches or Learner Forums.
We have over 40 active branches or Learner Forums made up of members, learners (and often partner organisations) who have joined together to give their community a voice.
A Branch is different to a Learner Forum in that it has its own constitution and bank account. A Learner Forum is very easy to set up and can be a stepping stone to establishing a branch.
We urge every class or community to set up a Learner Forum and will support their development into branches.
- Branches (and Learner Forums) ask learners what classes they would like to have in their communities and help decide what courses to offer
- Branches (and Learner Forums) work with us to help find a tutor and venue for the course
- Branches (and Learner Forums) work with us to advertise the course locally, to get learners interested and to give each other support
- Branches fund-raise for branch activities, for example, trips to interesting places linked with the course, or a learning day for the community
- Branches and Learner Forums have a voice at our Regional Forums and General Meetings, elect members of Council (our governing body) and can influence policy and developments by submitting motions
Setting up a Branch
Talk to us about what Branches and Learner Forums could offer you and how you could set-up a Branch or Learner Forum in your own area or within your class.
For support you can also ask your tutor, regional office or our Learning Services Department.
7, Coopers Yard, Cardiff
0345 4500 607